A little bit of fun for today off the back of a whole lot of images I’ve made of dog quotes for Instagram. Since I’ve worked on so many images, I thought I share a few of the dog quotes here along with some of the images I’ll be posting on my Instagram over the coming weeks / months.
Feel free to use any of these dog quotes for your Instagram (they’re not mine after all!) and you’re welcome to use any of the images I’ve created too.
I hope you find these curated quotes about dogs interesting / funny / inspiring. I also hope you can identify with them… as the proud owner of a Whippet I know I certainly do!
My Dog Quotes for Instagram
1. The better I get to know men, the more I find myself loving dogs. – Charles de Gaulle
2. Dogs are faithful and they do not tell lies. – Mark Haddon
3. Whoever said you can’t buy Happiness forgot little puppies. – Gene Hill
4. Dogs lives are too short. Their only fault, really. – Agnes Sligh Turnbull
5. Once you have had a wonderful dog, a life without one, is a life diminished. – Dean Koontz
6. Dogs leave paw prints on our lives and our souls, which are as unique as fingerprints in every way. – Ashly Lorenzana
7. Everything I know, I learned from dogs. – Nora Roberts
8. You can usually tell that a man is good if he has a dog who loves him. – W. Bruce Cameron
9. I’m suspicious of people who don’t like dogs, but I trust a dog when it doesn’t like a person. – Bill Murray
10. I have found that when you are deeply troubled, there are things you get from the silent devoted companionship of a dog that you can get from no other source. – Doris Day
11. Every dog must have his day. – Jonathan Swift
12. Some of our greatest historical and artistic treasures we place with curators in museums; others we take for walks. – Roger Caras
13. Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you’re never friendless ever, if you have a dog. – Douglas Malloch
14. What do dogs do on their day off? Can’t lie around – that’s their job! – George Carlin
15. Did you know that there are over three hundred words for love in canine? – Gabrielle Zevin
16. Heaven is a place where all the dogs you’ve ever loved come to greet you. – Oliver Gaspirtz
17. If I could be half the person my dog is, I’d be twice the human I am. – Charles Yu
18. A dog can’t think that much about what he’s doing, he just does what feels right. – Barbara Kingsolver
19. I don’t think twice about picking up my dog’s poop, but if another dog’s poop is next to it, I think, Eww, dog poop! – Jonah Goldberg
20. Just give me a cup of tea, a good book, and a dog on my lap. That’s my happy place. – Alice Jansing
21. Dogs, I think, might be more important than principles. They provide love and loyalty when you need them the most. – Kevin Hearne
22. If you want the best seat in the house, move the dog. – Chambray Blue
23. I cannot think of any truer or more unconditional love than that of a dog. – Olivia Atwater
24. A dog is better than I am, for he has love and he does not judge. – Abbot Xanthios
25. Dogs leave the stupid concept of personal space to humans and do what they like. – Nitya Prakash
26. A hound will die for you but never lie to you. – George R.R. Martin
27. What dogs want most in life is for no one to go away. – José Saramago
28. Remember those nights when no one was there for you but your dog. – Sami Abouzid
29. I wonder if dogs have the word ‘hate’ in their barcabulary. – Nitya Prakash
30. A dog owner might be the master of his dog, but the dog is also a master, a master of friendship! – Mehmet Murat Ildan
31. Dogs can tell you stuff without saying anything. – Victoria Carless
32. A dog doesn’t care if you are rich or poor, educated or illiterate, clever or dull. Give him your heart and he will give you his. – John Grogan
33. The best lover has fur and four legs and is the most trustworthy heart. – Debasish Mridha
34. There is a thing about the trust of a dog that makes up for a lot of heartache we take in this life. – Don DeLillo
35. Dogs know how to fix you without ever saying a word. – Caroline George
36. Forget career, forget the future, forget existential worries, just get yourselves a couple of dogs, and everything will be all right. – Abigail Thomas
37. Sometimes, it turns out, the most important decisions in life are made by your dog. – Adam Gidwitz
38. A dog’s love is only second to that of a mother’s. – Radhika Mundra
39. You will never know loneliness when you have a dog, when you lose that dog it will be loneliness like you’ve never known. – Michael P. Naughton
40. We just don’t deserve dogs, do we? – Christopher Buehlman
41. We were wolves once, wild and wary. Then we noticed you had sofas! – Francesco Marciuliano
42. The person who thinks dogs can’t talk doesn’t want to learn a second language. – Mark Winik
43. Why does watching a dog be a dog fill one with happiness? – Jonathan Safran Foer
44. I never met a dog lover I didn’t like. – Marty Rubin
45. There is nothing truer in this world than the love of a good dog. – Mira Grant
46. There is little that a puppy won’t fix, even if the fix is for a short time. – Lauren Groff
47. Always listen to your dog. – Margaret Mizushima
48. The best cure for a stick up your butt is a dog to play fetch with. – Ryan Lilly
49. For people with patience, time with a dog is a little slice of heaven. – J.J. Brown
50. Dogs are how people would be if the important stuff is all that mattered to us. – Ashly Lorenzana
51. Sometimes you don’t need words to feel better; you just need the nearness of your dog. – Natalie Lloyd
52. The world would be a nicer place if everyone had the ability to love as unconditionally as a dog. – M.K. Clinton
53. Dogs are often happier than men simply because the simplest things are the greatest things for them! – Mehmet Murat Ildan
54. A dog doesn’t care if your rich or poor, smart or dumb. Give him your heart.. and he’ll give you his. – Milo Gathema
55. My dogs have been the reason I have woken up every single day of my life with a smile on my face. – Jennifer Skiff
56. A dog can express more with his tail in minutes than an owner can express with his tongue in hours. – Karen Davison
That’s It for Now
I hope you’ve enjoyed these. You can find a whole stack more dog quotes on my Instagram account… please go and check them all out!
Alternatively… here’s a cute Whippet puppy you could add to Pinterest !
Perhaps you’ve got a favorite dog quote? Let me know in the comments section below!
Peter Little says
I wish that I can be half the man my dog thinks I am.
Thanks Peter… I love that!
Tara Parekh says
Dogs…..are God’s in their own way.
I like that Tara!